In recent years, vegan trends have become more and more popular, and these days you will find an incredible variety of vegan-friendly places to eat, so if you are a foodie who takes vegan food seriously, then you will not want to miss our secrets to finding the best vegan food in New York.
Let’s start with the editor’s Top 3 best vegan cafe spots in NYC, that cannot be overlooked.
1: The Butcher’s Daughter
2: Urban Vegan Kitchen
3: Peacefood Uptown
What are the best vegan cafe spots in NYC?
1: The Butcher’s Daughter
This ultra inviting eatery is one of the best vegan cafe spots in NYC for great reason. Here you will be tempted by their healthy, daily changing menu, which is an ideal option for any time of the day, whether you are on the hunt for a hearty breakfast, a tasty brunch or a wholesome dinner.
Want to know why The Butcher’s Daughter is such an awesome spot?
- The ambience here oozes relaxing vibes, making it a place to stay just a little longer even after the food has been well and truly digested.
- With a variety of locations in both New York and L.A, this is the perfect vegan cafe to try out on multiple occasions, on both sides of the USA.
- With a host of creative dishes for both vegetarians and vegans, you can expect to find mouthwatering options such as the broccoli steak, the butcher’s bowl, as well as the butcher’s burger.
- It is very affordable, and for a popular New York cafe, this is something that keeps customers coming back time after time.
- It has an extensive drinks menu, ideal if you fancy sipping on a cocktail/mocktail/cold-pressed juice or craft beer.
Pricing: For a New York vegan cafe, you will be surprised by the relatively inexpensive menu items.
Find their entire pricing menu here.
The Butcher’s Daughter is perfectly suited to those looking for good inexpensive vegan or vegetarian food as well as cocktails and beer in a relaxed setting.
2: Urban Vegan Kitchen
With delivery, take out and eat in options available, this is a spot that all vegans in New York should know about. Their menu is so eclectic and chances are you have never had some of the dishes they offer, giving them a unique flavor of their own. Not only do they have great dishes available, but they also have a shop, selling some pretty cool vegan merchandise, that is worth checking out.
Some of the highlights of this vegan cafe in New York are:
- They are a ‘Support & Feed’ New York partner, helping to feed people in need.
- They have a dedicated drinks specials menu, featuring some quirky concoctions.
- Their awesome vegan options include Mac & Cheese, Magic Ring Burger and Chick-Un & Waffles.
- Their merch is ultra-cool and features some great slogans including I once was blind, now I’m vegan and Always be compassionate, never be a sucka.
- Their intimate West Village setting welcomes people throughout the day for the best organic comfort food.
Pricing: Whatever your budget, there is something for you at the Urban Vegan Kitchen, and here are some of the options:
Find the complete menu and price list here
Be sure to make your way to the Urban Vegan Kitchen, if you are one of the many vegans in New York, looking for fresh, tasty and healthy comfort food in the West Village area.
3: Peacefood Uptown
This vegan kitchen and bakery is a hot spot for vegans in New York, with daily dinner specials, raw food items, tasty juices, as well as a cozy atmosphere, making it one of the top vegan cafe spots in NYC.
Peacefood Uptown has many things to offer the vegan foodie including:
- Whether you are after something savory or something sweet, this place has it all.
- They help raise money for ‘Support & Feed’ New York’, which aims to feed people in need.
- They have an all-day menu which features delectable vegan dishes such as chickpea fries, raw sushi rolls and the Japanese pumpkin sandwich.
- The daily dinner specials mean that each time you go, you can expect something new to try out – and who doesn’t love that?
- There is an uptown and a downtown location, ideal for keeping your belly full, no matter where you find yourself.
Pricing: When it comes to prices, It is always nice to know what you can expect to pay, so let us give you the lowdown on Peacefoods prices.
Find all menu items and their prices here
Overall, Peacefood is a fantastic option for vegan foodies, in search of unique dishes, in a homely atmosphere.
4: P.S Kitchen
P.S Kitchen is by far one of the best vegan cafe spots in NYC, not only for its mouthwatering food but also for its philosophy. Not only can you find some jaw-dropping vegan-friendly food options here, but you can look forward to out of this world coffee, teas and desserts, so let us tell you more about why we love this spot.
- Firstly, their vision is to be greatly admired – they give 100% of their profits to charity, so this is a cafe worth supporting.
- They are dedicated to conjuring up delicious meals for vegans in New York, which are not only good for the body but good for the earth too.
- Their coffee is sustainable, fully traceable and keeps New Yorkers talking – it’s that good!
- Their menu includes some of the best foods out there made vegans, such as the beyond burrito, the smokey bbq burger and a hearty plate of french toast as a weekend brunch treat.
- They have a whole list of signature cocktails, making this a hot spot for socializing with friends, over some tasty beverages.
Pricing: Of course, we all like to get an insight into the prices of an eatery, so we have got you covered, with an overview of what you can expect at P.S Kitchen.
This is an exceptional vegan cafe for those who are looking for sustainable food that is 100% plant-based, and that comes from a business with an inspirational philosophy.
5: Beatnic – West Village
This hip cafe is one of the top places to find the best vegan food in New York, with an array of simply delicious health food items, a variety of locations to keep you from going hungry and some old-school drinks and desserts to trigger nostalgia.
Let’s take a look at what makes Beatnic one of the best spots for keeping up with vegan trends.
- With locations in Boston, Providence, Manhattan and Brooklyn, there are many opportunities for vegans in these areas to see what the fuss is all about.
- We just love their old school drinks menu with classics such as black iced tea, classic lemonade and cherry vanilla sparkling tonic.
- Their diner-style meals bring back so much nostalgia and you can choose from vegan meals such as The Guac Burger and Chicky & Fries.
- Their casual approach to everyday favorites made vegan, means you can enjoy so many tasty and memorable meals, sans meat.
- Oh, and did we mention how much we love the cookie options they have? This speaks for itself!
Pricing: When it comes to pricing, we can safely say that Beatnic got it just right. There are a variety of vegan food items which are reasonably priced and are enough to keep your hunger at bay. Here is a further look at the prices.
And be sure to check out their price list here.
Beatnic made it to the 7 best vegan cafe spots in NYC list because it offers no-fuss, nostalgic yet healthy and hearty meals suitable for vegans and those that love to indulge in plant-based meals. Give it a try!
6: Blossom on Columbus
If you are looking for the best vegan food in New York, which is sourced locally and supports local businesses, as well as tasting divine, then this is the spot for you. With multiple locations in NYC, there is no reason not to try a dish or two at this popular health food establishment, so let us delve in and tell you more.
- Their flagship store is based in Chelsea, while they have another two locations in both the Upper West Side and Greenwich Village, all of which have their own unique menu.
- They are vegan through and through, with a big love for animals.
- They have an elegant yet eclectic menu, which suits any palate and is ideal for groups of friends with different tastes.
- Their drinks menu is bursting with yummy wines, beers and alcohol-free drinks, just waiting to be enjoyed.
- All of their ingredients are fresh, fully organic and locally sourced, which is to be inspired.
Pricing: Here is a little look at what prices you can expect to see at Blossom on Columbus (other locations’ prices may differ).
Blossom on Columbus is ideally suited to those looking to support local farmers, eat locally sourced meals and try out some truly unique recipes at reasonable prices.
7: Delice & Sarrasin
We absolutely love the idea behind this cafe which not only caters for the vegans of New York but caters to those that love French cuisine all the while, being meat and dairy-free. The menu here is just outstanding and we can’t wait to tell you about it.
Here is why Delice & Sarrasin made it to our list of best vegan cafe spots in NYC.
- They specialize in vegan-friendly French cuisine, making it truly unique.
- It is a world away from other vegan restaurants, and a visit here will make you think you are in the centre of Paris.
- Their menu features awesome vegan options which will surprise you – think vegan escargot!
- Yvette, the head chef, brings her incredible menu to life, having gained her cooking skills at a well known South of France restaurant.
- The European style atmosphere, paired with the remarkable menu, makes this place stand out from the crowd, and is ideal for any occasion, whether it be for a casual weekend brunch or a celebratory dinner.
Pricing: Here are some of the prices you can expect at Delice & Sarrasin
For a more indepth look at the prices, check out the menu here.
Well, what can we say? Delice & Sarrasin is something you won’t come across every day, so it is ideally suited to those who love French food or are intrigued to see what vegan French cuisine is all about. This place is one to keep in mind for a unique culinary experience.
Overview of the best vegan cafe spots in NYC
New York City is certainly not short of vegan eateries, but each of these spots that we have chosen, which cater to vegans in New York, has something which makes them stand out from the crowd. Many of us have been to vegan restaurants before, and are looking for something new, and these 7 best vegan cafe spots in NYC are guaranteed to do just that, all the while keeping you satisfied.