Vegan cheese is a thing!
Yes, there’s an excellent selection of vegan cheese in the market that you can enjoy with your family.
The good news is it tastes just like dairy cheeses and has the same creamy soft texture.
Different vegan cheese companies use plant-based ingredients to make healthy and dairy-free products.
As a result, you have a cheese that’s low in calories and carbs to add to your recipes.
These cheeses are ready-to-eat on a snack board.
What Are the Best Vegan Cheeses?
- Siete Dairy Free Cashew Queso
- Treeline Creamy-Soft Cheese
- Kite Hill Dairy-Free Ricotta Cheese
- Field Roast Chao Slices
- Follow Your Heart Vegan Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese
- Just Like Parmesan
- Miyokos Creamy Cheese Wheel
- Daiya Dairy-Free Vegan Cheese Block
- Just Like Cheddar Shreds
Products to List in Order:
1. Siete Dairy Free Cashew Queso
Enjoy a mild nacho flavor when you get the Siete Dairy Free Cashew Queso.
This vegan cheese is made by Siete Family Foods and is perfect for those who prefer to eat dairy-free cheese.
It’s low carb and has a nice texture that’s easy to work with at home.
Plus, you still enjoy that nice cheesy flavor when you taste it.
- The vegan cheese is only made of natural ingredients you can taste when scooping some out of the jar.
- Some ingredients include water, cashew, tomatoes, carrots, green bell peppers, nutritional yeast, sea salt, distilled white vinegar, garlic powder, tomato powder, fermented extract of plum, oregano, and flax seed, coconut milk powder, lactic acid, and onion powder.
- This is a dairy-free, gluten-free, and soy-free product. 2 scoops of it only contain 35 calories.
- It contains tree nuts. This is important to note for folks with a nut allergy.
- Non-GMO Project Verified and Certified Gluten-free vegan cheese.
- It only contains real food ingredients. There are no preservatives, additives, or artificial flavorings in this product.
- It has a mildly spicy flavor, so it’s ideal for adding the same to different foods. It also smells great.
The cost of a jar of dairy-free queso is $22.98 per jar.
Getting this jar of vegan cheese is a great idea when you want to have a flavorful product.
It’s perfect for vegans and folks on a restrictive low-carb diet. A jar contains 10.8 oz and can last you for quite some time.
2. Treeline Creamy-Soft Cheese
Treeline makes this vegan cheese with a creamy and soft consistency.
This cheese is made using only plant-based ingredients to meet your dietary needs.
It has a herbal-garlic flavor.
Use it similar to any other type of cheese to transform your meals or during snack time.
- This is a herbal-garlic cheese that contains a variety of healthy herbs. On the ingredients list, you only find organic plant-based items.
- All the ingredients are wholesome. There are no additives, preservatives, and artificial flavors in this cheese.
- It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, lactose-free, casein-free, and soy-free. This is a perfect cheese for vegans, vegetarians, and those on a low-carb diet.
- The primary ingredient is Brazilian cashew nuts that are ground and mixed with probiotic culture for natural fermentation.
- There are no added oils in this vegan cheese.
- This is a soft French-style cheese perfect for having with some snacks. It’s also a good cheese for different recipes as a topping.
A six-ounce package of the Treeline Creamy-Soft Cheese costs $8.99.
This plant-based cheese meets your needs if you want to avoid animal ingredients.
It has a creamy and soft consistency, plus the taste is just as lovely.
The vegan cheese ticks every box in terms of safe-to-consume ingredients.
3. Kite Hill Dairy-Free Ricotta Cheese
The Kite Hill Dairy-Free Ricotta is another great vegan cheese worth its weight in gold.
This product comes in an attractive and easy-to-open container.
As a dairy-free cheese, expect only healthy ingredients when you purchase it.
- This is a healthy ricotta alternative cheese. The vegan cheese is dairy-free; instead, the producer uses nutritious almond milk.
- It has no artificial flavors, additives, or preservatives. The ricotta is also soy-free, lactose-free, and gluten-free.
- This is a non-GMO Project Verified, meaning it meets set standards for non-GMO products. Kate Hill only uses plant-based ingredients when making this vegan cheese.
- The cheese is silky, soft, and flavorful. It’s perfect as a topping when making foods like lasagna, pizza, or when preparing a snack board.
- It has a hint of sweetness and a buttery finish. As a ricotta-alternative cheese, it checks every box for a vegan-friendly product.
- Ingredients in this product include almond milk, cultures, salt, tartaric acid, and enzymes.
- This is a perishable vegan cheese, so always keep it in the refrigerator.
A tin of Kate Hill Dairy-Free Ricotta costs $11.99.
As a plant-based vegan cheese, this product satisfies your needs while following dietary restrictions.
Still, it’s a perfect ricotta-alternative made using only plant-based ingredients and has certifications to prove its quality.
4. Field Roast Chao Slices
The Field Roast Chao Slices are creamy and tasty vegan cheese.
There are only about 60 calories per serving, and it’s a perfect topping for you to enjoy.
This original cheese retains that flavor and meets all requirements of a vegan-friendly product.
- This is a gluten-free, dairy-free, lactose-free, egg-free cheese. It’s also free of shellfish, peanuts, wheat, and fish.
- Note that this vegan cheese contains soy. This is important information for folks with a soy allergy.
- Ingredients include coconut oil, water, olive oil extract, sea salt, potato starch, and fermented tofu made using sesame oil, salt, water, and soybeans.
- Store it in the refrigerator. Avoid keeping it in the freezer.
- The vegan cheese has a mild sweet flavor. It also has a creamy and soft texture.
- The vegan cheese has a total of 4.5g of fat and 0 cholesterol.
- It has 4g of carbohydrates and 180 mg of sodium.
A 7.0 oz slice of vegan cheese costs $7.29.
Enjoy this vegan cheese as part of your snack board.
It’s also good as a topping when preparing different recipes at home.
It has few calories, is low in carbs, and has no cholesterol, which is good for your health.
5. Follow Your Heart Vegan Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
Follow Your Heart Vegan Dairy-Free Cream Cheese comes in a lovely easy open container.
It’s perfect when you want to stay far away from animal products but still enjoy the taste of good cheese.
This cheese is 76% organic and contains many great ingredients.
- Follow Your Heart Vegan Cheese is a dairy-free, gluten-free, wheat-free, lactose-free, and tree nut-free product.
- One container has 8.0 oz of tasty and soft buttery cream cheese.
- The product is certified organic by QAI. Note that it does contain soy.
- It’s made in the US using only organic ingredients. This makes it ideal for making vegan dishes and treats like pizzas and cheesecakes or as part of a snack board.
- The cheese is non-GMO. There’s a total of 100 calories per serving, and the total fat is 9g.
- Total carbohydrate is 3g, and there’s 0 cholesterol. Protein is 2g, and sodium is 130 mg.
A tin of Follow Your Heart Vegan Cheese costs $4.49.
This is a healthy vegan cheese made using organic ingredients.
It’s vegan-friendly and also non-GMO.
The soft and creamy texture makes it perfect for use in many home scenarios.
6. Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese
Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese is a healthy vegan cheese that the whole family can enjoy.
It meets industry-set standards for a vegan-friendly product and also works as a low-carb alternative.
There are 16 ounces of vegan cheese in one tin.
- This is a dairy-free, gluten-free, and lactose-free ricotta cheese alternative. It’s also kosher and has a lovely taste.
- The ricotta alternative vegan cheese is made in the US
- It’s non-GMO and has no cholesterol or butterfat in it.
- There are no animal products in the vegan cheese.
- This is a plant-based cheese that tastes better than the original.
A 12-pack Tofutti Better Than Ricotta Cheese costs $107.53.
This perfect-dairy-free alternative made using plant-based ingredients to meet your vegan needs.
It’s low-carb and low-calorie, making it ideal to use when watching your weight.
7. Just Like Parmesan
Just Like Parmesan is a vegan cheese that you must add to your variety.
It’s made by VIOLIFE and comes in a 5.29 oz wedge.
The cheese is 100% vegan and makes a perfect addition to any recipes that require some cheesiness.
- This is ready-to-use vegan parmesan cheese. There are only 80 calories per serving and O cholesterol.
- The vegan cheese is gluten-free, dairy-free, lactose-free, soy-free, and nut-free. It’s a non-GMO Project Verified healthy product that the whole family can enjoy.
- This cheese is creamy, soft, and delicious. It’s an ideal cheese to have with snacks like vegan crackers or to add to healthy recipes.
- The vegan parmesan cheese has no preservatives, additives, or artificial flavorings.
- It contains plant-based ingredients like potato and rice starch, coconut oil, rice protein, and olive oil extract.
- The cheese contains 8g carbohydrates, 1g protein, and 390 mg sodium.
A wedge of Just Like Parmesan costs $6.49.
Just Like Parmesan is a non-GMO Project Verified healthy cheese made using plant-based ingredients.
It ticks all the low-calorie, gluten-free, dairy-free, and 0 cholesterol boxes.
There’s also no difference in taste from the dairy parmesan cheese.
8. Miyokos Creamy Cheese Wheel
Imagine a creamy cheese with an herbal garlic taste.
That’s what you’ll enjoy when you get the Miyokos Creamy Cheese Wheel.
This vegan cheese contains cashew cream and other plant-based ingredients.
It’s perfect as an addition to recipes.
- This is a 100% vegan plant-based cheese. It contains fermented cashew cream and has a lovely garlic herbal taste.
- The cheese is certified organic by the Organic Certifiers. As a USDA-certified organic cheese, all its ingredients are ethically sourced.
- Miyokos vegan cheese is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and cruelty-free. This is a non-GMO Project Verified food product that’s also hormone-free.
- It’s a good addition to a grazing board and pairs well with wine. The cheese wheel also works well on sandwiches and adds to vegan recipes.
- It contains parsley and garlic. There’s also organic coconut oil and organic cashew milk.
- There are 120 calories per serving. This vegan cheese also has 5g total carbs and 3g protein.
A pack of Miyokos Vegan Cheese Wheel costs $12.99.
Miyokos Vegan Cream Cheese Wheel checks all the boxes when seeking a great and diverse cheese.
As a plant-based cheese, there’s no need to worry about any animal products in it.
It’s also worth noting that this is a cruelty-free product.
9. Daiya Dairy-Free Vegan Cheese Block
Daiya Dairy-Free Vegan Cheese Block is a healthy vegan-friendly cheese made using organic plant ingredients.
It tastes just like dairy cheese but without the additional animal ingredients.
You can pair the cheese with wine, add it to a sandwich or use it in different vegan recipes.
- The vegan cheese is dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, lactose-free, egg-free, and peanut-free.
- This is a kosher and Halal-certified vegan cheese block. It’s also non-GMO Project Verified and certified gluten-free.
- The main ingredients of this plant-based cheese are chickpeas and oats. It also contains coconut oil, coconut cream, garlic, canola oil, and safflower oil, among other ingredients.
- One cheese block contains 220 mg of sodium and 0 cholesterol.
- There are 80 calories per serving and 7g of carbohydrates per serving. Total fat is 6g.
- This is an allergen-friendly vegan cheese, and it’s made in the US.
A block of Daiya Dairy-Free Vegan Cheese Block costs $6.69.
Add some flavor to your snack time by making this vegan cheese block using natural ingredients.
It features real jalapeno pieces and is dairy-free.
Apart from adding it to vegan recipes, you can also make some healthy sandwiches.
10. Just Like Cheddar Shreds
VIOLIFE has many kinds of vegan cheese, including the Just Like Cheddar Shreds.
This is a tasty delight for folks who want to enjoy some cheddar and prefer a dairy alternative.
The shreds come in an 8.0 oz bag and are perfect for numerous home uses.
- This is a low-calorie vegan cheese. A serving of these cheddar shreds contains 80 calories only.
- The cheese is dairy-free, lactose-free, nut-free, soy-free, and gluten-free.
- There are no additives, preservatives, or artificial flavors in the cheddar shreds.
- This is a 100% plant-based vegan cheese. It’s free from any animal ingredients and also cruelty-free.
- The vegan cheese is a non-GMO Project Verified product.
- As a coconut-based cheese, it has a lovely flavor and can work well with many different vegan recipes at home.
A bag of cheddar shreds costs $5.99.
This is a low-carb cheddar alternative cheese for the whole family.
It has a wonderful natural flavor and only plant-based ingredients.
There are different types of vegan cheese available today.
This means you can’t miss enjoying a variety as you enjoy some wine or prepare some vegan recipes at home.