Orlando is a bustling city, with a lot to offer both locals and visitors, and with it being famed for its attractions such as Universal Studios, SeaWorld, and Disneyworld, there is never a bad time to find yourself here.
Whether you are keeping busy at these wonderful hotspots or are enjoying some downtime in Orlando, you need to keep yourself energized, nourished, and ultimately satisfied... in the healthiest of ways of course!
Orland has some of the best vegan cafes around, and we are about to dive right into our top picks, starting with our editors' Top 3.
What are the best vegan café spots in Orlando?
1- Winter Park Biscuit Company – The vegan café that does more than just serve biscuits.
2- Ethos Vegan Kitchen – One of the best vegan café spots in Orlando for comfort food at fair prices.
3- Loving Hut Orlando – A chain of vegan cafes scattered throughout the USA, all with their very own individual menu.
4- The Earthy Kitchen - A unique vegan establishment focusing on Puerto Rican dishes.
5- Soho Juice Co. - The best option for juices, superfood bowls, and healthy snacks on the go.
6 – DaJen Eats Café & Creamery – Jamaican dishes made vegan, cooked by Chef Jenn, who also provides the community with awesome cooking classes.
7- Dharma Southern Kitchen – A late-night vegan eatery that caters to anyone looking to satisfy their cravings with plant-based Southern comfort foods.
The fact that this vegan café generally has a queue outside (they even tell you were to form the queue on their website), says a lot about how popular this place is. Despite the name, there are more than just biscuits on the menu here, but we will give you a rundown now of why we love this vegan café in Orlando.
- The dishes here will make you utter the words ‘It's hard to believe this is vegan’, which says a lot about how realistic they make their meals, albeit meat-free of course.
- This is a great place for those who are trying out veganism or looking to eat a bit less meat, without having to go raw, etc. Here you can enjoy classic dishes made cruelty free.
- Their limited menu means you won't be overwhelmed by choice, but there are still many dishes to choose from – the perfect balance you might say.
- This is a prime spot for vegan ‘fast food’, which makes it ideal for those on a quick lunch break from work or grabbing a snack for the day ahead, all the while being fully plant-based.
You will be enticed by some really attractive prices here, which is most likely why there is always a queue outside, especially on the weekends. For their full price list and menu, check this out.
Bottom Line: A fantastic vegan eatery for vegans and non-vegans alike, who want some affordable and tasty fast food, direct from a small business.
Just north of downtown Orlando, you will find Ethos Vegan Kitchen in Winter Park, and believe us when we tell you, it is worth venturing there to indulge in some of their satisfying vegan cuisines. With a wide variety of menu items, there is something for everyone here and we couldn’t wait to jump at the chance to tell you all about what makes this one of the best vegan café spots in Orlando.
- Their menu focuses on hearty, homemade food which is something we all crave now and again, but if you are vegan and think that it is impossible to recreate these nostalgic dishes, think again.
- Not only do they serve hearty vegan food but keep your eyes open for their vegan beer and vegan desserts and baked goods which are made daily on-site, ensuring extra freshness.
- Judging by the name, as you can imagine they have a very positive ethos which they pride themselves on – to provide good food at a reasonable price, showcase the diversity of vegan food as well as offer a comfortable atmosphere for all.
- They provide free refills on certain drinks including brewed iced tea, coffee, and fountain drinks, which means you get more bang for your buck.
The prices at Ethos Vegan Kitchen are some of the best values in central Florida, especially for what you get – free refills ($4 coffee, etc.), big portions, and fresh meat-free ingredients. You can find a host of their menus and up-to-date prices right here.
Bottom Line: This is a great vegan café for those craving homemade, comfort food at very reasonable prices.
For those with a love for Asian food made fully vegan, this is the place to go. Here you can enjoy some of the best Asian-inspired dishes which have been created completely animal-free, plus they have some kick-ass desserts which are the icing on the cake – literally. Let's tell you more shall we?
- Sometimes being vegan means you can't always find your favorite cuisine, which is fully accessible for vegans, but Loving Hut is the place to enjoy spring rolls, Vietnamese Pho, rice dishes, desserts and so much more.
- They have some rather impressive core values, which is another reason to support a positively inspiring business like this – think health, compassion, caring for the environment, and happiness.
- Loving Hut can be found dotted all over the USA including Texas, California, Hawaii, New York, and Washington – to name but a very small few.
- Each branch has a different menu, which gives its chefs the freedom of expression and also gives you the chance to try a variety of vegan items wherever you may be in the country.
Given the fact that most of the main meals are under $17.95, while many other dishes including sushi and soups are well below this price, it is fair to say that you can eat very well here without overspending.
Bottom Line: This is one of the best vegan cafes in Orlando and throughout the USA, for those looking for fresh and healthy Asian-inspired food, with many western dishes to choose from too, at a reasonable price.
This is a plant-based eatery with a twist. Here you will find homemade Puerto Rican dishes made vegan, which is truly authentic, made with love, and using fully local and seasonal ingredients. Some of the reasons why this is one of the best vegan café spots in Orlando are:
- Let's start with their menu, which has some incredible Puerto Rican options, which even Puerto Ricans have been captivated by.
- Their fresh ingredients are seasonal, ensuring you are getting only the best quality and also treating you to ever-changing menu items.
- The authentic flavors of Latin culture and cuisine are second to none, and they made everything from chik’n basket to vegan empanadas and so much more, with full authenticity.
- They have an upcoming dedicated brunch menu which will feature, chick’n waffles, a lumberjack breakfast as well as a stack of vegan pancakes – don’t miss this!
Here, you can expect to pay $13.50 for a sandwich, $12-$15 for a burger, and $3.50 for a small soup, which are fair prices for the quality, freshness, and individuality of the dishes.
Bottom Line: We would highly recommend those looking for Latin-inspired food made vegan, to try this vegan café in Orlando, which has become a big hit with many locals.
If raw foods and clean eating are your things, then a visit to Soho Juice Co. Has to be on the cards. You will be treated to some fantastic beverages and superfood bowls that have been carefully created to keep you full and healthy. We love this spot because...
- Imagine a superfood bowl, with endless toppings, drizzles, and bases at a fixed price – well now you don’t have to.
- Their acai bowls are not just delicious and healthy, they are award-winning, which means that you are getting one of the best in the business.
- Their variety of cold-pressed juices and elixir shots are endless and are an ideal on-the-go, energy boost for any time of the day.
- Your snacks and drinks are guaranteed to be vegan, gluten-free, allergen-friendly, wholesome, and eco-friendly, leaving you feeling great about your choice.
The prices here are moderate but given that you can get an unlimited superfood bowl for as little as $11.99, we think this is a winner. For all the prices and menu items check this out.
Bottom Line: Soho is ideally suited to those looking for healthy on-the-go options, at moderate prices.
If you are looking for something truly unique and extraordinary, then DaJen Eats is the one for the curious foodies. The theme of this vegan café is plant-based vegan food with a Jamaican flair, which ensures they are in a league of their own.
- Here, you can take a master cooking class with Chef Jenn, where you can meet like-minded people. Have fun and learn vegan island-inspired recipes.
- Their vegan ice cream selection is second to none, with insatiable flavors to tickle your tastebuds like ‘Rum Rasin The Roof’ and ‘Lime In Da Coconut’ to name but a few.
- They provide a specialized catering menu which means that if you are already a fan, you can take your favorite vegan café to any event you are planning.
- It is run by Chef Jenn who has a passion for Jamaican food, having grown up there, as well as all things vegan, which go hand in hand to make this place a unique establishment.
Their very reasonable prices mean you will pay $12.49 for a hearty sandwich and $3 - $5 for sides, as well as a host of pricing options for their signature bowls. All prices can be found here.
Bottom Line: This is ideally suited to those who want a unique experience, a taste of Caribbean culture, and the option to learn how to cook it themselves.
This vegan hot spot in Orlando is a hit with customers looking to tackle their cravings and here you will find comfort food, made more freshly and healthily, without sacrificing the flavor. But wait there's more...
- This place is for the hungry, and you will be pleasantly surprised by the portion sizes, hearty ingredients, and bold flavors.
- While their food looks so authentically classic, you can rest assured that it is made fully sustainable, with wholesome ingredients, and with an emphasis on satisfaction.
- They have three locations, in Orlando, Tampa, and Sanford, so you will never be too far away from some feel-good food.
- Did we mention they open late (until midnight Mon-Sat), because they know that many people's cravings come late at night, and this doesn't mean you need to resort to bad and unhealthy food? Opt for Dharma instead!
Their colorful menu captivates anyone with a love for food, but this menu is a vegan paradise, and the prices are right on par too. You can plan to pay between $9.99 - $16 for many of their Southern comfort menu items, which is very fair.
Bottom Line: Ideally suited to Puerto Ricans looking for a taste of home cuisine and anyone interested in unique vegan food, Latin-inspired flavors, and fulfilling meals.
Orlando is a prime city to be in if you follow a vegan lifestyle, but if you are just ‘V curious’ there are plenty of places to try out from Latin themed vegan cafes to fast food joints, all of which will satisfy your cravings and give you a whole new plant-based experience.
Whatever the occasion, vegans are truly catered for in this city, so be sure to check out these 7 best vegan café spots in Orlando in 2022.